Projectors are one of the latest equipment every person needs these days. But people often find themselves in trouble while finding what they should expect from their purchase if they are looking for the best projectors under $400.
Now $400 is the price which is not high enough, but it’s not like $50.Right! So, today in our article, we will be sharing all the necessary facts you should know along with a list of the top ten popular models with a complete review.
Our Top Three Picks:
Artlii Energon2 Outdoor
WiMiUS P28 400 ANSI Lumens Outdoor Video Projector
List Of The Best Projectors Under $400
1. FANGOR 8500L Native 1080P Projector
2. AAXA P7 Mini Projector
3. YABER Y21 Native 1920 x 1080P Projector
4. ONOAYO 5G WiFi Projector
5. ViewSonic 3800 Lumens WXGA High Brightness Projector
6. Artlii Energon2 Outdoor Projector
7. WiMiUS P28 400 ANSI Lumens Outdoor Video Projector
8. BenQ MS535A 1080p Supported SVGA Projector
9. NEBULA Anker Capsule, Smart WiFi Mini Projector
10. Epson EX3260 SVGA Projector
- Our Top Three Picks:
- List Of The Best Projectors Under $400
- Buying Guide For The Best Projectors Under $400
- Review Guide For Best Projectors Under $400
- Best Budget Projectors Under $400
- Best Outdoor Projectors Under $400
- Best Home Projectors Under $400
- Frequently Asked Questions
Buying Guide For The Best Projectors Under $400
We agree that buying a great product for under $400 is not easy as it sounds, but still, our buying guide consists of all the essential features you should expect from your purchase:
Screen Resolution: Screen resolution plays a vital role in showing all the details with good color accuracy. Not every projector needs to give you 4K resolution, but you can still find enhanced picture clarity of 1080 pixels and 720 pixels for optimal clarity.
High Brightness Capacity: Many think that getting high lumens capacity is impossible under range, but we still recommend buying the higher you can get. It will combinedly work with a screen resolution to ensure you will get brighter images in every case.
Size Of Output Display: Under the price range, you will ideally receive projectors from the exemplary output display of 50 inches to 300 inches. So you will receive big-screen entertainment for sure.
Review Guide For Best Projectors Under $400
FANGOR 8500L Native 1080P projector is one of the budget-friendly projector models you will expect from this brand. This 5G WiFi projector model with a native screen resolution of 1080 pixels gives you the picture and the full support from the 4K screen resolution. It has outstanding brightness parameters that you can’t expect under the budget.
You can use this model for outdoor events, home living theatre, live sports, and gaming to obtain satisfactory results. The instant wireless connectivity through Bluetooth and screen sharing works magnificently in every condition to project clear pictures.
It is a portable projector with a native resolution and bright image. It is a built-in speaker and has USB ports for external speakers. You can use LCD projectors as a projection screen for business presentations, watching favorite movies, and making movie nights. Pocket projector big screen size with VGA port is in affordable price as a versatile projector.
The contrast ratio is well defined up to the range of 10,000:1 with 45 degrees of keystone correction to align an image on every corner without causing any distortion. Three hundred inches of a big screen with a fully sealed design is highly compatible with every image and long-lasting.
- The native screen resolution of 1080 pixels with the full support of 4K resolution for adding clarity to pictures.
- WiFi and Bluetooth connectivity for instant wireless connection with multiple devices.
- Three hundred inches of a big mega screen display for big images.
- You will receive a satisfying 45 degrees of keystone correction.
- Fully sealed dustproof design with a high brightness of 8500 lumens to get an excellent screen.
- Customized carrying case for traveling purposes.
- Sharp contrast ratio of 10,000:1 for delivering clarity in deep colors.
- Wired connectivity through different ports such as HDMI, VGA, or USB seems convenient.
- The picture quality is excellent and transparent.
- A prominent display of 300 inches.
- Outstanding sharpness.
- Not able to find any.
Overall, it is one of the best projectors that provides you with the most influential features in one device without investing much.
While looking for the best solution for home and big business displays with excellent picture projection, you can never ignore the AAXA P7 Mini Projector that secures second place in our list. It has a compact size that makes you confused about the features, but this is one of the latest generation DLP projectors that offer you an exact picture.
A super compact design with a superior optical engine produces a vivid screen of 200 inches with the shortest distance possible. The brightness of 600 ANSI lumens will be considered average compared to other brands on the list. There are multiple ports such as VGA, HDMI, or AV for smooth connection to smart devices.
The 1080 pixels of screen resolution with DLP imaging technology will not disappoint you. The lifespan of 30,000 hours under price is quite satisfying and long-lasting to use. There is a 90 minutes power backup with the integrated Li-ion battery to give you optimal power in times of power failures.
- The native screen resolution of 1080 pixels FULL HD is defined and accurate.
- 600 ANSI lumens present clear picture projection.
- The maximum output display will range up to 200 inches.
- In-built speaker for delivering the perfect sound quality.
- Thirty thousand hours of lifespan for the projection lamp.
- A vertical keystone is available to achieve the ideal big-screen output.
- A battery backup of 90 minutes makes it perfect to use outdoors.
- Wired connectivity with HDMI, USB, or A/V ports.
- Short throw distance projector.
- Sharp images with perfect color accuracy.
- A fan is loud to notice.
It is an excellent investment in buying a projector that combines superb contrast and a high resolution of 1080 pixels for big-screen entertainment.
Best Budget Projectors Under $400
Budget projectors are hard to find, and when it comes to a sweet price of $400. You might miss out on some advanced features due to a budget shortage. We have chosen a few models to underprice that complete solution without wasting extra money:
Yaber is one of the topmost brands that offer budget-friendly projectors. It is one of the best projectors with the advanced German technology-based LED source with high-quality building composition and accurate screen projection.
The 1080 pixels of native screen resolution left you with no questions while giving you precise screen quality after passing through the thousands of reflective lenses. A 300 inches screen is unquestionable for outdoor events and big movies. High-quality light source with perfect transmission through a clear lens to convert true colors.
Nine thousand lumens of brightness, LED light source, and LCD technology is combined to beat any light conditions to deliver the perfect picture. It has 50% more powered illumination than any other projector model on this list.
Fifteen degrees of keystone correction along with the X/Y zoom function provides you the perfect aligned squared image you want. Optical coating with a six-layer lens gives you excellent quality for the image.
- The native screen resolution you receive is 1080 pixels for pure images.
- Three hundred inches of wide display output deliver the big screen you want for any event.
- Accurate color technology to feed the perfect color scheme while displaying.
- Nine thousand lumens of high brightness make it ideal for any light interference.
- Fifteen degrees of keystone correction with zoom function in both directions to deliver aligned pictures.
- A 6-layer lens with an optical coated lens makes the transmission of light accurate.
- Advanced cooling fans with the projector.
- Integrated dual SRS sound speakers for delivering powerful sound.
- Perfect value for money projector.
- Ideal for any occasion to make your big screen exceptional.
- Easy to set up and use.
- Not able to find any.
Overall, the Yaber Y21 projector model is hard to ignore by people searching for an ideal projector screen projection at low-budget prices.
Onoaya 5G WiFi Projector is an impressive advanced technology under the price with a trusted working mechanism. The 5G WiFi version projector makes it except that it can add to your home interiors, and you can achieve a home theater mechanism without any questions.
It is one of the best projectors under $400. The most exclusive feature is the two-way Bluetooth functionality that gives you the power to use it as a speaker. It has the highest native screen resolution of 1080 pixels with 4K support, 9800 lumens of brightness, and a 12,000 contrast ratio that brings the truly bright and colorful projection.
A wholly sealed dustproof optical engine avoids any dust entering the lens to keep it highly useful for a longer time without any lens damage. We recommend the cost-effective and convenient model to every person who needs a budget-friendly projector.
- The native screen resolution of 1080 pixels with 4K compatibility adds perfect pictures.
- High screen brightness which is 9800 lumens, to project sparkling images.
- 4-point keystone correction ensures an aligned squared image at every corner.
- The innovative zoom function helps in watching close details.
- Dustproof sealed optical engine to avoid any damage to the lens.
- Highly compatible with multiple smart devices through HDMI, USB, or AV ports.
- Screen mirroring is available to share at any moment on the big screen.
- Two-way Bluetooth connectivity to connect any device.
- Bright and clear image picture quality.
- Very easy to focus with the zoom function.
- 4-point keystone correction.
- Heating issues.
You will be impressed with the Onoaya 5G WiFi projector and premium features at an affordable rate. We recommend buying it for your home theater space for better results. It is remarkably one of the best 4k projector under $400 which gives you unexpected results.
With years of experience building advanced display projectors, no one can trust the brand View Sonic. One of the most premium models is the ViewSonic 3800 lumens WXGA Projector. The DLP imaging technology with 3800 bright lumens makes it more accurate for advanced visual features.
Super color technology displays stunning pictures with a six-segment color wheel with steady light conditions. You can use it at any ambient or low light without any question with 3800 lumens of brightness and high contrast ratio. Fifteen thousand hours of long lifespan gives you enough lamp life under this price range.
Reduced input latency of 16 ms delivers a smooth response when every projection takes place in fast action. A vertical keystone correction of up to 40 degrees aligns the image perfectly. The entire display of 300 inches is fun to use for your movies. Different ports are available, offering smooth connectivity to various devices without interruption.
- SVGA for imaging technology is old but high-performing native screen resolution.
- Three thousand eight hundred lumens of high brightness enable every picture detail to see clearly.
- The DLP display technology enhances the overall image quality.
- 22,000:1 contrast ratio is sufficient enough to provide sharp details.
- Fifteen thousand hours of the lifespan of its lamp gives you a long-lasting projection life.
- Excellent instant response with the reduced input latency time of 16ms.
- 2W internal speaker for providing high-quality sound when you are watching movies.
- Light and compact design.
- High brightness projector.
- Easy interface for everyone.
- The sound from the speakers seems soft outdoors.
Overall, Viewsonic has successfully delivered high-quality projector products to its customers for more than a decade. We ensure that ViewSonic provides efficient models to its customers.
Best Outdoor Projectors Under $400
Outdoor projector with true-life colors and high brightness capacity under $400, you might think it is not achievable, but we have finalized some of the brands that might blow your mind with the same quality. Let’s have a look!
Artlii Energon Outdoor Projector is one of the powerful outdoor devices that makes your picnic, backyard fun evening, and wedding parties fabulous without spending hundreds of dollars. It is one of the best projectors. It possesses a native screen resolution of 1080 pixels with a high precise 4K resolution that gives you fantastic picture quality while watching movies or playing games.
340 ANSI lumens of brightness provided enhanced brightness for every light condition. One of the most exciting features is that you can enjoy wireless connectivity with WiFi or Bluetooth connectivity, comforting in many cases. The maximum output display is not more than 250 inches which are enough for your living space.
Screen quality by the combined power of 242 LEDs acts as the most luminous source of light that you can’t imagine. More than 17 million color combinations are used to give one accurate image.
- The strong and high-definition screen resolution of 1080 pixels crystal clear details.
- It supports 4K resolution for closer details about the images.
- 340 ANSI lumens of brightness used for shining image projection.
- Two hundred fifty inches of the bigger screen is sufficient to get a broad view.
- WiFi or Bluetooth connectivity is available for wireless connection and lag-free output.
- A manual keystone correction of 15 degrees is not much but still aligns the image to some extent.
- The versatile model presents multiple digital connecting ports such as HDMI, VGA, USB, or AV.
- Screen mirroring is excellent for sharing screens wirelessly.
- Practical zoom function with remote control to see enlarged pictures.
- Excellent projector.
- Bright screen projection.
- Wireless function.
- Keystone correction can be increased.
Overall, Artlii Energon2 Outdoor Projector gives you good projection with premium results. It has many advantages over the previous model that you will enjoy.
For the past few years, the Wimius P28 outdoor video projector has been the most loved and famous model among people. The unique features such as high improved brightness, one essential brighten function, excellent picture quality, and 4D keystone correction make it exceptional among all. Manual focusing wheel, better sound quality, long bulb life, and much more features.
The richness in color contrast and brightness levels with one of the brightest models helps in acquiring high image quality. The screen resolution of 1080 pixels and 4K support gives clear pictures and no lagging while watching the movies. The imaging technology in this model supports diffusion reflection, which means no damage to your eyes while using the projection for long hours.
This intelligent projector has 50-degree keystone correction for both directions to align the picture to the correct levels. The zoom function enlarges your image from 75 inches to 100 inches for looking at the correct details. Three hundred inches of widescreen provides the big output display you will love to give your real home theatre experience.
- It holds a screen resolution of 1080 pixels for maturing pictures.
- LED technology with a special coating provides high accuracy without any chromatic aberration.
- The brightness of the 400 ANSI helps bring out the natural colors, and 20% improved bright levels.
- It supports 4K resolution for lag-free performance.
- Auto vertical keystone correction for both directions gives you a rectangle shape perfect picture.
- Three hundred inches of output display with short-throw ensures you have a big screen projection.
- 10W HiFi speakers provide outstanding sound quality.
- Multi-connection ports provide smooth device connection.
- Impressive big screen projection.
- High-quality image.
- Great screen resolution.
- Noise reduction technology should be more vigorous.
Overall, whether you have a limited budget, you can buy a high-performing outdoor projector without satisfactory results with accurate details.
Best Home Projectors Under $400
Home projectors are mainly subjective to entertainment which means these devices should be high enough in brightness levels, sharpness, and screen resolution to achieve ideal projection. Here are the best home projectors under $400:
BenQ MS535A SVGA Projector is one of the exclusive models on our list. The functions such as instant power on, enhanced adjustment setting, or vertical keystone correction allow you to feel no embarrassment at work due to the less efficiency. Three thousand five hundred lumens of brightness and 15,000:1 contrast ratio give the picture projection clarity in ambient light environments.
It is one of the best projectors under $400 with a glass lens of brilliant quality to deliver focused images. You can set up the vertical keystone correction anytime to align the pictures. It has a physical security lock system to give extra physical security.
Lamp life with a lifespan of 15,000 hours gives you long hours for usage. You can connect a dual smart device through the dual HDMI port available on the projector. It is the best 4k projector under $400.
- The native screen resolution for image clarity is SVGA.
- Three thousand five hundred lumens show brightness capacity pictures.
- The sharp contrast ratio of 15,000:1 helps in establishing thoughtful details.
- A vertical keystone for better picture alignment is present.
- Dual HDMI ports connect different devices at the same time.
- Kensington lock offers physical security from any theft.
- A special infographic mode is available to present the graphics.
- High screen resolution.
- Light and compact in size.
- Very easy to set up.
- No USBs port is available.
Overall, it is one of the most recommended models on our list of the best projector for an office environment and home living space.
For taking your entertainment to the next level, you can use the Nebula Anker Capsule to your advantage at parties and outdoor environments. It is an intelligent mini WiFi projector with 100 ANSI lumens of brightness capacity to make the picture more bright for showcasing precise details. It gives high sound quality and bright images with multiple connectivity options. It gives incredible picture quality.
It is one of the best 4k projectors Under $400 that has a screen resolution of 720 pixels and performs well in dark room environments. The in-built Android TV interface helps you connect any app to watch your favorite shows. For sharing your content on the big screen from the other latest devices, you get the option of screencasting and HDMI ports.
The projector may come with a simple capsule form design, but it has some cons. The 360-degree omnidirectional speakers are more substantial and projective than other in-built speakers. You can also use the Nebula Connect app to control it from your smartphone.
- The native screen resolution of 720 pixels is ideal for screen projection.
- 100 ANSI lumens of brightness for brighter pictures.
- The imaging technology they use is imaging technology.
- Omnidirectional speaker for outstanding sound quality.
- Android TV interface for downloading any show.
- You can control the projector through a unique app called Nebula Connect App.
- Keystone correction of up to 40 degrees in both directions is provided.
- Lightweight and compact in size.
- Easy to use interface.
- Flexible installment.
- Screen resolution and brightness should be improved.
Overall it is one of the best projectors under this budget with creative design and premium features. The model has some cons, but you can’t expect everything to be perfect.
Next on our list is one of the models from the brand Epson which is quite popular for under range. Epson EX3260 SVGA projector reminds you of accurate projection with the less screen resolution of SVGA.
It is ideal for any movie or big screen graphics.
LCD technology with high brightness ensures that you will receive good-quality pictures without distortion in a bigger or average-sized room. 5.5 pounds of weight makes it easy to carry and highly portable.
Color accuracy is precise and highly projectable as compared to other projectors. Integrated speakers give you loud sound quality, which is excellent.
- The screen resolution it has to offer accurate images is SVGA.
- The maximum brightness it has is about 3300 lumens.
- Multiple HDMI connectivity for connecting more than one smart device.
- Ten thousand hours of lamp lifespan for long usage hours.
- No long waits for instant shut down because one-click power off button is available.
- A particular carrying case is included with the package for the projector.
- Fast and easy to set up.
- Flexible installment.
- Different mounting options.
- Low screen resolution and brightness levels according to the outdoors.
Overall, it is a good purchase as compared to the price range. You get ideal big-screen entertainment or professional, accurate displays.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can you watch Netflix on a projector?
You can watch Netflix on the projector by using the in-built Netflix app in the projector, or with some projectors, you need to use other streaming devices such as TV Stick, Roku, Apple TV, or Fire TV to watch Netflix.
Do projectors need WiFi?
WiFi technology makes it easier for us to connect any smart device and project your content. WiFi makes you free from the hassle of wires to set up a smooth connection without any interruption.
How many lumens is a good projector?
Projector brightness is an essential factor, it should be around more than 3500 lumens when it comes to dark rooms, and for ambient light conditions, we suggest more than 7000 lumens.
What should I expect from a projector under $400?
From the screen resolution point of view, under the price of $400, you will get the resolution of 1080 pixels, and in some cases, you will receive the 4K screen resolution.
Do I need to buy additional speakers for my projector?
It depends upon the quality of the in-built speakers. Some people might find the in-built speakers powerful and projective to work. But if you don’t feel the same you might feel the need of buying the new additional speakers for daily use.
The above article has all the required information and a review guide for the ten best projectors under $400. You can go through all the research we have done to decide which works best for you. We hope you will choose an optimal projector at budget-friendly prices. Drop us some queries in the comment section if there is something we left in the article.