The days are gone when projector mapping was limited to two-dimensional surfaces. 3d projection mapping is an innovative or advanced way of creatively gaining attention.
As we know that visual experiences are the leading center of attraction for many occasions or events in which 3d projection mapping revolutionized the whole scenario by giving the idea of using 3d objects as surfaces for projection and playing around with digital creativity.
In our article, we have shared a list of the best projector for projection mapping. Let’s get started!
Our Top Three Picks:
AZEUS Pro True 6000L Large Screen Video Projector
Epson Home Cinema 1060
Optoma HD28HDR 1080p Home
List Of The Best Projector For Projection Mapping
1. AZEUS Pro True 6000L Large Screen Video Projector
2. Jinhu Mini Video Projector
3. Optoma HD28HDR 1080p Home Theater Projector
4. BenQ HT2050A 1080P Home Theater Projector
5. ViewSonic 1080p Projector
6. Epson Home Cinema 1060 Full HD Projector
7. ViewSonic PG800HD 5000 Lumens 1080p Projector
8. BenQ TH585 1080p Home Entertainment Projector
9. ViewSonic 3800 Lumens WXGA High Brightness Projector
10. InFocus IN112XA Projector
- Our Top Three Picks:
- List Of The Best Projector For Projection Mapping
- How To Choose The Best Projector For Projection-Mapping
- Review Guide For Best Projector For Projection Mapping
- Best Projector For Projection Mapping On House
- Best Projector For Outdoor Projection Mapping
- Best Cheap Projector For Projection-Mapping
- Frequently Asked Questions
How To Choose The Best Projector For Projection-Mapping
You need to look at different elements before making a final decision on projectors. Buying it for projection mapping does not seem easy as it sounds. They are costly, and you don’t want to waste your precious time experimenting with high-end projectors. Right! Let’s read out the most important concepts you should know!
The budget has always been essential with buying projectors. High-end projectors don’t need to give the best results. You need to identify cleverly between the cheap or expensive range. Choose wisely after going through the specifications.
The contrast ratio defines the difference between the black and white scenes. Higher contrast projects crisp images with sharp levels to quickly recognize scenes with fine details. It will help in better readability of the text and scenes.
It is the most crucial factor when considering projection mapping. 3d Projection mapping requires professional support or professional. The lifespan of the lamp used in the projectors decides how much time the projector will serve for providing accurate image quality.
As time passes, the lamp’s lifespan gets reduced, and you need to replace the projector lamp with the new one to get the ideal picture quality. The higher the lifespan, the longer it will take to replace the projector bulb.
When your projector is on a big screen, the light coming from the projector should be bright or strong enough to form a clear image. Otherwise, blurry images create confusion. Try to watch the lumen’s capacity, which should be high for giant projection for distortion-free projection mapping.
Screen resolution is directly proportional to the picture clarity. The more the resolution pixels, the more will be the picture quality. It will help in forming a clear image on the big 3d surface. We suggest choosing according to your budget.
Throw Distance is defined as the distance between the screen and the projector. It plays an essential role in obtaining the proper 3d videos. You should know how far your projector will take to form complete images so that you can place the screen or the 3d surface according to the throw distance. Low throw distance is better.
Review Guide For Best Projector For Projection Mapping
AZEUS brand offers you a complete solution whether you are a beginner or an expert. We know at this price point we can’t expect a lot of functionalities such as WiFi or Bluetooth for easy connection. Still, AZEUS Pro True Large Screen Video Projector is one of the best options for watching movies in HD. The enhanced 6000 lumens bright capacity with upgraded technology keeps you hooked on this fantastic model.
Widescreen up to 200 inches provides you with big-screen entertainment following 1080 pixels screen resolution and contrast ratio. These two features keep the screen image in check without making you feel blurry or confused about the images.
The sound quality of the in-built speakers is good with the Dolby sound technology that decides the loud and immersive experience. The LED light source used in it serves you about 50,000 and is long-lasting in the affordable price range before replacement.
- Screen Resolution with 1080 pixels.
- For bright color images with a brightness of 6000 Lux.
- 200″ Wide Screen For Complete Projection.
- The Contrast Ratio it offers is 3000:1.
- LCD technology for the clear screen.
- LED light source.
- Longer life up to 50,000 hours for the LED bulb used.
- HiFi Stereo Speakers.
- Dolby digital sound technology.
- Versatile multimedia connectivity with HDMI, USB, VGA, or AV.
- Portable budget projector.
- Loud in-built speaker.
- Excellent image quality on the big screen.
- Value for money.
- No Bluetooth or WiFi technology is given.
Overall it is the best projection mapping projector so that you can turn your surroundings into a screen. If you are a beginner, you will enjoy working with the AZEUS projector. But if you are expecting WiFi or Bluetooth technology in it. It is not for you.
Although a mini video projector comes under a meager price range, it still works for many people. You must be thinking about why choosing it is a great idea. We suggest the Jinhu M20 video projector is an innovative upgrade with better screen resolution or sharpness levels to give brilliant indoor, outdoor, or gaming. The compact size makes it an ideal alternative to other bulky or costly projectors that you have to protect from your kids.
Whether traveling, looking for a gift for your kids, outdoor movies, or gaming parties, you need only one solution. It proposes an Intelligent and easy interface for everyone with 1080 pixels screen resolution or enhanced 80% brightness. You have a wide range of ports with it, making it versatile in its action. You need an HDMI cable to connect to smart devices or TV sticks for unlimited entertainment.
Contrast levels could be better, but the overall package with so many features is good to go. Even kids can operate it without damaging their eyesight. The mini projector works wonders for most people with the outstanding video quality. You can surely get your hands on this model at a limited price.
- Bright color screen projection with 6500 lumens.
- The contrast ratio of it is 2000:1.
- The screen resolution is 1080 pixels.
- Multiple connectivities of HDMI, VGA, AV, or USB.
- Connect with smart devices without any interruption.
- Five years of technical warranty.
- Best for kids.
- Dual fan cooling system.
- Work well with smartphones.
- Good audio or video quality.
- Variety of ports available.
- Affordable price to buy.
- It does not support 4K.
- Absence of Bluetooth technology.
One of the best projectors for projection mapping gaming and works well compared to many cost-effective models. So, if you are looking for a cheap deal with a good quality picture, you can surely buy it.
Best Projector For Projection Mapping On House
Projector Mapping on the building is the latest tradition for most occasional events or fun parties. It creates excellent decoration moments by using it. All you need is a good quality projector with enough bright light or screen resolution with a clear picture on a big widescreen so that you can easily use it.
Suppose you are looking for a high-quality projector for professional projection mapping and obtaining more significant results. In that case, Optoma HD28HDR 1080p Home Theater Projector with the latest HDR technology compatible with 4K output is convenient over many other 4K output supports. You will see a wide range of color schemes with deeper black and brighter whites.
It is effectively fast with the response time without lagging in giving desired output, which means enhanced gaming mode. Three thousand six hundred lumens brightness is good enough to target small buildings and houses for mapping. A bright projector, ambient light has throw ratios projection quality. It is a portable projector and gives a viewing experience good on a colored surface.
One hundred fifty inches of picture height when choosing the surface or screen for the full image. The zoom function of 1.1, and only vertical keystone correction are available. High-defined images with bright and crisp textures keep you hooked with the Optoma HD28 model.
- Works on the process of High Dynamic technology.
- Detailed 1080p images with excellent picture quality.
- Compatible with 4K output with 1080 input.
- A sharp contrast ratio of 50,000:1 gives more clarity to deep scenes.
- High brightness levels of 4,000 lumens.
- The lifespan of the lamp life present in it is 15,000 hours.
- Low response time of 16ms.
- Connect to media players and gaming consoles.
- Gaming display mode.
- Easy to handle.
- Clear picture quality.
- Fans are quiet.
- The speakers are not very loud.
In conclusion, if you can achieve desired output for your home, outdoors, or gaming, but if you want to buy it for office purposes, you must reconsider your decision.
Experience superior quality with the latest DLP technology and upgraded features that BenQ HT2050A 1080P Home Theater Projector offers you. It has many specifications that make it good. You can transform any room into a cinematic home theatre without worrying about how well it will perform. It is completely certified for HDTV color coverage, ensuring that you receive consistent color all around the screen. You do not get blurry effects or rainbow colors.
The projection looks amazingly real as BenQ wants to project deep feelings of the scenes with the actual colors. The Rec.709 color accuracy follows accurate color standards during the large display, going up to 300 inches with this model. It Epson home cinema projector that gives bright images in high contrast ratio. Watch movies in HD display images and read projection mapping reviews.
The sharp contrast ratio and lumens capacity make mapping different buildings or objects best. The response time is quite responsive, with 16ms. Different game modes are available on it so that you can enjoy it to its fullest without any slow time. External connections through HDMI or USB ports are easy to use.
- Equipped with the latest DLP TECHNOLOGY.
- Screen resolution offers clarity up to 1080p Projector.
- Brightness levels are up to 2,200 Lumens.
- 96% Rec. 709 color accuracy calibration.
- The native contrast ratio for sharp images.
- The projection size goes up to 300 inches.
- HDTV Compatibility.
- The low input lag of 16ms.
- Unique game modes.
- Easy connection through HDMI, USB available.
- Good picture quality.
- No rainbow effects.
- Smart Eco Mode.
- No input lag.
- No zoom or focus functionality.
The bottom line is that we can place it under good quality projectors, but we can expect more from the BenQ brand according to the price range. It has all features, but more elements should be incorporated into the model.
ViewSonic PX700HD Home Theater Projector gives you the perfect entertainment with a big screen that goes wildly large up to 300 inches. The entire high definition resolution of 1080 pixels and user-friendly design. The super color technology offers an exclusive range of color schemes that makes your experience worth watching. Intense levels of lumen capacity provide you with the best projectors for projection mapping, gaming, and home entertainment. The 3D support or compatibility helps you in achieving 3D movies and gaming.
It has unique sports modes that give your live sports projection more fine detail. HDMI inputs are the accessible input ports available for connecting various smart devices with the help of HDMI cables. The powerful 3W speaker helps you in offering an immersive sound experience.
- Full HD mode with a screen resolution of 1080 pixels.
- Complete cinematic experience.
- Super color technology offers accurate color and gives you beautiful colorful images.
- No delay in response time.
- Super Eco mode with the lifespan of a lamp is 15000 hours.
- Wide compatibility with different mart devices through USB and HDMI ports.
- Unique sports mode for live sports matches.
- Great for people who love games.
- Dual 3D Blu-ray Ready HDMI Inputs.
- 3500 ANSI lumens capacity.
- Inbuilt speaker of 3W.
- The projection size of the image goes up to 300 inches.
- Great for people who love games.
- Amazing picture quality.
- Impressive bargain price.
- Convenient or easy to use.
- Do not use it for long gaming hours.
The bottom line is that ViewSonic offers the best projectors for projection mapping that has all the necessary features to give you optimal big-screen entertainment. You can choose this one to try.
Best Projector For Outdoor Projection Mapping
Outdoor projectors provide you with an excellent chance for outdoor projection mapping. They offer you an exclusive range of features that you can utilize to get the best output. Here are some of its features:
Epson Home Cinema Full Projector delivers a large screen for entertainment purposes. The 300 inches large projection that is unbeatable compared to others gives you a defined complete movie screen. It is a reasonable price bright projector with brighter images and Color quality. LED projectors give the difference in quality image output in brilliant images.
The Convenient multiple controls over the projector devices with power off button or sleep mode option. Powerful sound quality speakers are powerful for obtaining more precise sound. The contrast ratio of 15,000:1 is sufficient enough for achieving richer dark scenes.
MHL function helps to connect any streaming devices or smartphones for mirroring or wireless transmission.
- The transparent screen resolution of Full HD 1080p is for various entertainment purposes.
- The screen size goes up to 300 inches.
- It forms well-defined pictures in a variety of lighting conditions.
- Brightness levels offer up to 3,100 Lumens.
- Versatile connectivity with the HDMI input ports.
- A throw distance of 6.0 meters is needed to get a full screen.
- 3LCD technology gives impressive action.
- Two years of warranty.
- Effective zoom function.
- Easy to place according to the projection.
- Regular power mode.
- Faded in high ambient light.
The projector is an excellent choice for an outdoor projector used for projection mapping. It has multiple advantages in that you can save up a lot of effort.
Projection mapping requires a list of different specifications. If any feature goes down, then your projector will not produce sharp images on big 3D surfaces. ViewSonic PG800HD has a 1080-pixel Full HD screen resolution, and professional installations over any place at your home or outdoors make it flexible for you to use.
SonicExpert Technology, accompanied by a sizable in-built speaker chamber, gives you amplified or clear sound quality. The power on /off button gives you the option of a quick shutdown or turn on. The vertical lens shift offers adjustments to your vertical projection by keeping in mind the installation.
Wireless streaming is also available with MHL/HDMI port for streaming entertainment shows or movies.
- Advanced visual features for different purposes.
- The screen size is up to 300 inches.
- The high brightness capacity of 5000 lumens.
- The high contrast ratio of 50,000:1 for sharp images.
- 1.3x optical zoom for achieving better details on a big screen.
- Vertical correction for proper screen adjustments.
- Dynamic lamp control with color accuracy.
- Flexible connectivity with different smart devices.
- The Colour quality is not excellent.
- High brightness levels.
- No horizontal keystone correction.
The bottom line for this projector is that you are looking for professional, business, or office use installations.
The BenQ TH585 Home projector turns your simple nights into intense gaming or movie nights. The transparent screen projection of Full HD 1080 pixels with an extra touch of HDR quality adds more enhancement to our gaming levels.
Immense picture flexibility with additional features such as proper zoom function, changing vertical lens shift, or vertical keystone adjust your complete image to attain an ideal image.
The light source used in its serves you about 15,000 hours which seems long-lasting in the affordable price range before replacement.
- Screen resolution 1080p Full HD image quality.
- Brightness levels go up to 3500 ANSI lumen.
- The contrast ratio it offers for sharp images is 10, 000: 1.
- Ultimate gaming experiences.
- 16ms low input lag.
- the lifespan of the lamp is 15,000 hours.
- The projection it produces is around 100.”
- The throw distance is about 3 meters.
- Bright projection.
- Very sharp picture quality.
- Easy navigation panel.
- Rainbow effect.
Overall it is the best short throw projector for projection mapping. It projects sharp images and bright picture quality at an affordable price.
Best Cheap Projector For Projection-Mapping
Sometimes we think expensive projectors have it all, but it’s not true all the time. If you research properly, many affordable new brands fulfill all your requirements without worrying about the quality. Here are some of the cheapest alternatives as compared to others:
Viewsonic WXGA High Brightness Projectors provide you with a cheap alternative for projection mapping. With the advances in new visual or audio features, this is an excellent pick for different environments. The screen resolution of 3800 lumens helps you with the high picture quality with more pixels in one place, which defines your image without making it blurry.
Super color technology helps you find accurate color details after the screen. IT delivers smooth images frame by frame without any delay in response time. Low the time or instant; you will get easy multiple connections to different intelligent devices with HDMI and USB ports. Vertical keystone correction adjusts the images vertically.
- Better visual projector.
- It can be used in multiple places.
- The screen will go high up to 120 inches.
- The bright lumens capacity offers up to 3800 lumens.
- Easy to set up and use.
- You can plug and play any of your shows or movies.
- Better connectivity options to multiple devices.
- Super Eco Mode is available.
- The lifespan of lamp life is 15,000 hours.
- Reduced input latency.
- Instant power-off feature.
- Colour accuracy.
- Super Eco mode to save up on extra power consumption.
- Value for money.
- Flexible placement in your room or anywhere outside.
- Bluetooth compatibility is absent.
The supervision brand has launched a lot of projectors that are efficient and cost-effective according to the terms of HD videos. It is a high contrast ratio under range.
With exceptional image quality, InFocus IN112XA Projector helps achieve sharp images with crystal clear screen projection by showing the true colors on the widescreen. It gives you an extraordinary experience if you plan to use it for use with a screen brightness of 3800 lumens.
It is the best with a quick and fast response in any input action. Contrast performance gives more depth to your dark pictures by showing every detail.
The exclusive range of features and advanced DLP technology is ideal for video creation but for small 3D objects.
- 3D awesome experience.
- DLP technology for bright images.
- Crystal clear viewing for 3D video mapping.
- 3800 lumen capacity for a bright or clear quality image.
- It works optimally well for the 3D home cinema experience.
- The contrast ratio of 26000:1 offers you sharp images.
- The largest image size goes up to 300 inches.
- The lifespan of the lamp is 15,000 hours.
- The throw distance for it goes up from 1m to 12 m.
- Two years of warranty.
- Efficient lamp for projection.
- DLP technology.
- Speakers are low in sound.
The bottom line for this projector is designed well with multiple features such as effective remote, low noise, sleep timer, and easy menu options. You can recommend it to anyone for a 3D mapping Projector.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the best projection mapping software?
There are different software available online that you can use for projection mapping. The most popular projection mapping software that supports multiple projectors are Vision Mapio, Isadora, or HeavyM.
How is projection mapping different from regular projection?
Regular projection is made on a two-dimensional surface with all the needed settings. But projection mapping is different. It allows you to use 3d objects for working with digital creativity to attract attention to various events.
Is projection mapping expensive?
Yes, projection mapping includes high-level expertise, which costs up to $10,000 or more, including the design, layout, video development, or output projection.
Do you need a particular projector for projection mapping?
There is no specific projector for mapping. If you have high-end projectors with all the latest functionalities. Then, you can install software for projection mapping and use it for different projections.
Projection mapping includes help from professional experts, which means you need to close attention while choosing the best projector for projection mapping. In our article, we have shared all the valuable information you will need while making your purchase. We hope this article clears all your doubts. Do let us know in the comment section if you have any queries regarding projection mapping projectors.